We have found recently that buying energy, photocopying and LED replacement programmes have been providing excellent savings for our clients.
How do we work:
- We will conduct an initial meeting to hear from the client which areas they are most interested in looking into.
- We then conduct a survey of the data gathered for each specific tariff area and then we report back our findings.
- From this point we can then assist the client in finding the best solution to take forward.
- If a client likes what we recommend, we implement it. After that we keep an eye on things to ensure that the supplier continues to deliver what was agreed.
- We never go ahead with implementing a saving until instructed to do so by the client.
- We never raise a fee until the saving has been delivered and is in the client’s account. Our fee is usually a share of the saving, i.e. we are paid out of our success, and we work hard to keep our rate competitive.
The areas that we look at most often are as follows:
Catering services, Cleaning services, Drinks, Electricity, Facilities maintenance, Food, Funding/Financial, Furniture, Gas, Grounds maintenance, IT consumables, Janitorial /Cleaning materials, Laundry, Office supplies /Stationery, Oil & LPG, Photocopiers/Printers/MFDs, Postage & DX, Printing, Security equipment, Staff/Human Resources, Telecoms, Transport, Utility bill validation. Waste water & sewerage, Water supply.
Most recent examples:
- For a small independent school in the Midlands we achieved a 20% saving on energy and helped to organise their energy buying into the future
- We achieved an £80,000 saving for an academy on their photocopying contracts
- We achieved a 10% reduction on lighting for a school development project using the best unbeatable quality LEDs lamps and fittings
Other areas where we have achieved saving:
- Utilities: we’ve always beaten in-house broker’s best price for spends over £20,000 per annum
- Major public school: £650,000 for a range of services over 3 years.
- Electricity: rebate of £150,000 for an academy.
- Gas: saving of 13% for a £100,000 one-year contract
- Heating costs: 25% reduction annually for a prep school.